One of our large wireless telecom clients is looking to hire a Fiber Engineer in the Atlanta market. This is a great opportunity to work a hybrid schedule, with three days per week in the client's office and two days per week from home.
Pay: $42 to $47 per hour DOE
• Attend Kick-Off meetings if new backbone, lateral, and / or riser fiber is required.
• Review sales engineering design and determine backbone fiber route.
• Obtain necessary circuit identifiers from groups; or create as required.
• Create a Fiber DLR in Netcracker for A-Z fiber locations. (Note: New sites require the site survey form completed, submitted, and entered in the system prior by Fiber Construction.)
• Design fiber route and create all necessary splicing prints and work orders for vendors performing splicing work within the active backbone.
• Provide fiber assignments to Construction Team for lateral fibers to last demarc panel if new lateral is required. Construction to handle MPOE splice & demarc splices on new lateral builds only. Coordination of fiber cable count & demarcs will need to be obtained from Construction.
• Fiber Engineering responsible for all backbone splicing & end/end testing. (Note: Splicing can be managed by Fiber Construction where requested.)
• Obtain Quote/Bids from contractors for all backbone splicing & end/end testing.
• Create Requisitions for Purchase Order approval and payment to vendors.
• Participate in on-call rotation providing Fiber engineering Support after normal work hours.
• Manage vendors / contractors during splicing & testing of circuits.
• Submit all necessary Change management notifications and adhere to field activity policies and guidelines.
• Provide Operations / Provisioning with final DLR’s & test shots for closeout
• After completion close out tasks in CRM.
• Approve all vendor invoices for the project in ReqLogic.
Key Skills: Fiber Engineer, Vendor/ GC Management, fiber cable, Construction, #TekComJobs,
What We Do
TekCom Resources is a full-service national recruiting firm specializing in providing telecommunications and network infrastructure contractors, employees and project services to businesses.
Our specialization includes telecom network & infrastructure staffing deployments including planning, analysis, design, implementation, operations and maintenance.
Technologies we support:
Wireless: 3G, 4G, 5G, LTE, BTS, iDAS/oDAS, Small Cell, VoLTE, IOT, Microwave, NOC, BTS (Base stations)
Wireline: Fiber, Outside Plant (OSP), switching (MSC, CO), transport and provisioning
Formed by industry veterans in 2005, TekCom Resources is a full-service national recruiting firm specializing in telecommunications and network infrastructure contracting and recruiting.
TekCom Resources, Inc. has extensive experience supporting clients in building successful teams for high-profile projects with tight timelines and budgets. Our vast network of industry contacts allows us to find the best talent. Along with our recruiting experience, our staff takes a hands-on approach in assisting hiring managers to achieve their goals and objectives.
As technical staffing experts, we are passionate and driven to provide top-notch talent to help our clients achieve their goals. We are also committed to assisting job seekers in finding the job and career path they have always wanted.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is a WBENC Certified Women’s Business Enterprise.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.