TekCom Resources is seeking a Fiber Construction Superintendent in Manassas, Virginia for a direct-hire opportunity with one of our fastest-growing clients!
In this role, you will be assisting Project Managers with ensuring the safe and efficient completion of outside plant (OSP) and inside plant (ISP) construction projects throughout the Washington, D.C. area.
In order to be considered, candidates MUST be willing to join the Washington, D.C. IBEW union branch (Local 26) upon receipt of offer!
Reporting to the Fiber Project Manager, the Fiber Construction Superintendent plays a vital role in the OSP team by facilitating the construction of a Fiber-to-the-Home network (aerial and underground) build within our Mid-West region.
- Maintain a safe environment and ensuring all safety standards are met.
- Ensuring availability of labor and materials needed for project completion from day-to-day.
- Responsible for the overall construction schedule, including the scheduling and management of construction inspections and internal inspectors.
- Will be monitoring up to 10 or more crew members in a day depending on circumstances.
- Responsible for construction quality and timely inspection and true-up of quantities, footages, and subcontractor invoices.
- Representing company on site walks or closeout activities with subcontractors, customers, or permitting authority.
- Must be able to identify construction bottlenecks upfront and before crews get to stopping points.
- Strong attention to quality construction practices and ensuring timely closeout and delivery of the project schedule.
- Work closely with the Construction Manager in reporting time of inspectors and availability or lack of resources.
Key Words and Skills:
- Must have a strong background in both OSP and ISP construction techniques; both aerial and underground experience in the OSP realm is preferred.
- Extensive experience in Fiber Optic industries with the ability to ensure high quality and safety standards.
- Would love to see 10 or more years of experience in overall fiber construction, but happy to consider a shorter duration depending on project management duties previously fulfilled.
- Must be open to joining local telecom workers' union.
- Valid driver’s license.
OSP, outside plant, fiber, OSHA, ftth, superintendent, fiber-to-the-home, fttx, aerial, underground.
What We Do
TekCom Resources is a full-service national recruiting firm specializing in providing telecommunications and network infrastructure contractors, employees and project services to businesses.
Our specialization includes telecom network & infrastructure staffing deployments including planning, analysis, design, implementation, operations and maintenance.
Technologies we support:
3G, 4G, 5G, LTE, BTS, iDAS/oDAS, Small Cell, VoLTE, IOT, Microwave, NOC, BTS (Base stations)
Fiber, Outside Plant (OSP), switching (MSC, CO), transport and provisioning
Formed by industry veterans in 2005, TekCom Resources is a full-service national recruiting firm specializing in telecommunications and network infrastructure contracting and recruiting.
TekCom Resources, Inc. has extensive experience supporting clients in building successful teams for high-profile projects with tight timelines and budgets. Our vast network of industry contacts allows us to find the best talent. Along with our recruiting experience, our staff takes a hands-on approach in assisting hiring managers to achieve their goals and objectives.
As technical staffing experts, we are passionate and driven to provide top-notch talent to help our clients achieve their goals. We are also committed to assisting job seekers in finding the job and career path they have always wanted.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is a WBENC Certified Women’s Business Enterprise.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.