TekCom Resources is seeking an OSP Design Engineer
for a direct-hire role with one of our fastest-growing clients in Illinois and Missouri. You will be supporting our client's fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) network, currently spread across three states with much more expansion to come.
Candidates may reside in either Peoria, Illinois, or the St. Peters, Missouri areas. You must be willing to work five days per week from the client's office in one of these two locations
- with so much work on the go, it will be a great opportunity to get to know your team!
You should have familiarity reviewing design specs and documentation. This role will also involve creating workflows and processes and developing and maintaining project schedules.
Solid computer skills are a must (Excel, CAD).
Skills Our Client is Seeking:
- Develop high-level fiber designs from both desktop and field review.
- Develop cost estimate models
- Develop right-of-way analysis of the proposed fiber plant, such as the identification of utility and permit applications needed for a project.
- Work with utilities in underground and aerial right-of-way applications.
- Manage the contractor qualification process and bidding of engineering.
- Assist with material ordering.
- Manage multiple projects and ability to travel to project locations across Illinois, Missouri and New England in the management of project elements.
- The ability to optimize and value a fiber engineering design.
- Develop, read, and manage fiber splice documents, including fiber splice diagrams, spider maps, OTDR, and Power Meter readings.
- Established knowledge of underground cable design and placement, as well as building design where relevant for cable installation. At least five (5) years' experience with network design and project planning is preferred.
- Understanding of established engineering practices for underground cable placement.
- Comfort participating in multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience with ArcGIS, CAD, 3GIS or other drafting/mapping software absolutely required. Experience with the ArcGIS software family is a huge plus!
- A B.S. degree in a technical field would be highly valuable for this role, but is not required.
Outside Plant Fiber Network, OSP, Engineering, Construction/Vendor Management, Permitting, Facilities, Telecommunication networks design experience, Fiber to the Home (FTTH), Fiber to the Cell (FTTC or FTTX), ROW
What We Do
TekCom Resources is a full-service national recruiting firm specializing in providing telecommunications and network infrastructure contractors, employees and project services to businesses.
Our specialization includes telecom network & infrastructure staffing deployments including planning, analysis, design, implementation, operations and maintenance.
Technologies we support:
Wireless: 3G, 4G, 5G, LTE, BTS, iDAS/oDAS, Small Cell, VoLTE, IOT, Microwave, NOC, BTS (Base stations)
Wireline: Fiber, Outside Plant (OSP), switching (MSC, CO), transport and provisioning
Formed by industry veterans in 2005, TekCom Resources is a full-service national recruiting firm specializing in telecommunications and network infrastructure contracting and recruiting.
TekCom Resources, Inc. has extensive experience supporting clients in building successful teams for high-profile projects with tight timelines and budgets. Our vast network of industry contacts allows us to find the best talent. Along with our recruiting experience, our staff takes a hands-on approach in assisting hiring managers to achieve their goals and objectives.
As technical staffing experts, we are passionate and driven to provide top-notch talent to help our clients achieve their goals. We are also committed to assisting job seekers in finding the job and career path they have always wanted.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is a WBENC Certified Women’s Business Enterprise.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable and will consider all qualified applications for employment.