TekCom Resources is seeking a Junior OSP Design Engineer
for a direct-hire role with one of our fastest-growing clients in Illinois and Missouri. You will be supporting our client's fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) network, currently spread across three states with much more expansion to come.
Candidates may reside in either Peoria, Illinois, or the St. Peters, Missouri areas. You must be willing to work five days per week from the client's office in one of these two locations
- this will be a great opportunity to learn and grow with your engineering team!
Skills and Background Our Client is Seeking
- Plans and assembles drawings for construction, removal or rearrangement of fiber conduits and cables, among other infrastructure.
- Interprets road and highway prints, and subdivision plats, identifying conflicts with already-installed OSP facilities. Identifies routing as needed for projects.
- Audits and reviews designs provided by outside engineers.
- Works with entire engineering team and occasionally contractors or vendors in order to meet project goals.
- Participates in prority-setting with engineering team leadership.
- Address material logistics issues as needed.
RF, Atoll, Planet, iBwave, RAN, 5G, 4G, 3G, ACS, Monte Carlo Analysis, tuning, network design, MIMO, IOT, CBRS.
What We Do
TekCom Resources is a full-service national recruiting firm specializing in providing telecommunications and network infrastructure contractors, employees and project services to businesses.
Our specialization includes telecom network & infrastructure staffing deployments including planning, analysis, design, implementation, operations and maintenance.
Technologies we support:
Wireless: 3G, 4G, 5G, LTE, BTS, iDAS/oDAS, Small Cell, VoLTE, IOT, Microwave, NOC, BTS (Base stations)
- Established knowledge of underground cable design and placement, as well as building design where relevant for cable installation. 2 to 3 years' experience with network design is preferred.
- Understanding of established engineering practices for underground cable placement.
- Comfort participating in multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience with ArcGIS, CAD, 3GIS or other drafting/mapping software preferred. If you know one of these, our client can teach you what they use!
- Associates Degree in a technical field is appreciated but NOT required.
Wireline: Fiber, Outside Plant (OSP), switching (MSC, CO), transport and provisioning
Formed by industry veterans in 2005, TekCom Resources is a full-service national recruiting firm specializing in telecommunications and network infrastructure contracting and recruiting.
TekCom Resources, Inc. has extensive experience supporting clients in building successful teams for high-profile projects with tight timelines and budgets. Our vast network of industry contacts allows us to find the best talent. Along with our recruiting experience, our staff takes a hands-on approach in assisting hiring managers to achieve their goals and objectives.
As technical staffing experts, we are passionate and driven to provide top-notch talent to help our clients achieve their goals. We are also committed to assisting job seekers in finding the job and career path they have always wanted.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is a WBENC Certified Women’s Business Enterprise.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable and will consider all qualified applications for employment.