Our large wireless client is looking to hire a Fiber Construction Manager in Orlando, FL. Candidate must be local to the Orlando market as travel to sites will be required.
Pay Rate: $40-45/hr
Position requires experience with OSP and ISP cable construction in aerial and underground facilities, with a thorough knowledge of all issues related to local and state permitting, pole and conduit licensing procedures from Utilities, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Position also requires the capability to manage multiple construction contractors. From project qualification and design through punch-list and close-out, the Fiber Construction Manager will ensure that projects are completed to client and internal specification, on time and within budget.
Essential Job Functions:
• Work hand in hand with Fiber Engineers.
• Manage all external vendors necessary for timely completion and within budget.
• Conduct initial constructability review in accordance with project specifications.
• Develop Construction Bid Package and competitively bid project to subcontractors.
• Manage development of permit and construction plans;
• Order and track delivery of 3rd party materials;
• Oversee site construction, managing schedule and subcontractors to customer and internal requirements.
• Coordinate all construction activities with local and state agencies with regards to permitting and licensing.
• Attend company and client status meetings.
• Responsible to negotiate costs within scope of project, hold Vendor accountable to ensure budget is maintained; ensure Project Managers and customers are aware of issues that will impact project completion or cost.
• Responsible to problem solve issues that may occur onsite and make recommendations based on priority and need to ensure the project and budget are maintained.
- 1-3 years of experience supervising OSP contractor construction activities
- Knowledge of Outside Plant Construction techniques (aerial & underground) and ISP experience
- Familiarity with test equipment and techniques for performing Grounding and Bonding Tests, RF Sweep test, OTDR, Optical Power Meter and Passive Intermodulation (PIM) testing preferred
- Working knowledge of NESC, NEC and OSHA standards preferred
- Strong project management skills with attention to details
- Strong Microsoft Office (Excel, Visio, Word and PowerPoint) skills
Fiber Construction Manager, Fiber Construction, OSP Construction, ISP Construction, Vendor/GC Management, aerial, underground, OSP, outside plant, Client Facing, OSHA
Employees (and their families) have a choice of plans to purchase and enroll, including medical/vision, minimum essential coverage and/or dental. Employees can enroll in our company’s 401k plan after meeting the enrollment criteria.
What We Do
TekCom Resources is a full-service national recruiting firm specializing in providing telecommunications and network infrastructure contractors, employees and project services to businesses.
Our specialization includes telecom network & infrastructure staffing deployments including planning, analysis, design, implementation, operations and maintenance.
Technologies we support:
Wireless: 4G, 5G, LTE, iDAS/oDAS, Small Cell, VoLTE, IOT, Microwave, NOC, BTS (Base stations)
Wireline: Broadband, Fiber, Outside Plant (OSP), CATV, switching (MSC, CO), transport and provisioning
Formed by industry veterans in 2005, TekCom Resources is a full-service national recruiting firm specializing in telecommunications and network infrastructure contracting and recruiting.
TekCom Resources, Inc. has extensive experience supporting clients in building successful teams for high-profile projects with tight timelines and budgets. Our vast network of industry contacts allows us to find the best talent. Along with our recruiting experience, our staff takes a hands-on approach in assisting hiring managers to achieve their goals and objectives.
As technical staffing experts, we are passionate and driven to provide top-notch talent to help our clients achieve their goals. We are also committed to assisting job seekers in finding the job and career path they have always wanted.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is a WBENC Certified Women’s Business Enterprise.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. In keeping with this commitment, we will take the steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact: USAllRecruiters@TekComResources.com. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable and will consider all qualified applications for employment.