TekCom Resources is looking for a Network Operations Technician in Miami, FL for a 12+ month contract role. This is an in-office position.
Responsible for the installation, testing and maintenance of high-speed fiber optic transmission equipment, circuits, and small cell networks. Typical responsibilities are circuit delivery, resolution of reactive maintenance/change management tickets as well as the completion of preventative maintenance and quality review tasks.
Background Our Client is Seeking:
- Perform all activities in a manner to ensure the safety of yourself, team, customers and the public
- Respond to all network outages, impairments, and emergencies in assigned area
- Complete all required preventative maintenance inspections to company standards
- Install, turn-up, test and provision SONET, DWDM, and ethernet equipment in an optical fiber network adhering to engineered design
- Work with fiber optic, SONET/Ethernet related test equipment including Network Tester, OTDR, Optical Power Meter, Optical Fiber Identifier, Multimeter, DC plant tester
- Operate and understand RF and small cell related test equipment, such as antenna/PIM analyzer, RF power meter, Spectrum analyzer, signal generator, fusion splicer
- Perform advanced analysis and troubleshooting of issues while assisting the NOC and customers
- Perform site survey and quality review of remote locations to ensure company standards are met
- Perform both hardware and software updates and/or changes to remote site equipment as necessary
- Operate PC or similar devices to gain access to network nodes, CPE devices/small cell network elements as well as assigned administrative tasks
- Work efficiently and effectively with cross-functional departments and peers
- Responsible for compliance with policies and procedures
- Participate in on-call rotation schedule for nights and weekend coverage
- Safe work practices must be followed along with integrity and quality
Network Operations Technician, Network Operations, Fiber Network Installation, Fiber Network Testing, Fiber Network Maintenance, Transmission Equipment, Small Cell Network, Network Operations Jobs, Miami Jobs, Telecom Jobs, #tekcomjobs
Employees (and their families) have a choice of plans to purchase and enroll, including medical/vision, minimum essential coverage and/or dental. Employees can enroll in our company’s 401k plan after meeting the enrollment criteria.
What We Do:
TekCom Resources is a full-service national recruiting firm specializing in providing telecommunications and network infrastructure contractors, employees and project services to businesses.
Our specialization includes telecom network & infrastructure staffing deployments including planning, analysis, design, implementation, operations and maintenance.
Technologies We support:
Wireless: 4G, 5G, LTE, iDAS/oDAS, Small Cell, VoLTE, IOT, Microwave, NOC, BTS (Base stations)
- Associates or two-year technical degree strongly preferred
- Wireless/Wireline Operations or Ethernet certification preferred
- 2+ years of experience working as a field technician in the communications industry
- Experience with Ethernet, Sonet and fiber optic testing or Wireless/Wireline Operations OSP/ISP experience
- Knowledge of Coax and Low voltage troubleshooting
- Proficient in reading & understanding DLRs (Design Layout Record)
- Proficient in installing equipment in customer premise
- Proficient in installing equipment in POPs/HUBs
- Proficient with working with fiber tools (Power Meter, Light Source, Red Light, Scope, Cleaning materials and Label maker)
- Proficient with working with fiber jumpers and attenuators
- Proficient in using a testing device to test DIA and P2P circuits
- Proficient in troubleshooting from customer premise to POP/HUB location
- Ability to safely drive and operate a bucket truck in the public right of way
- Ability to work in web nased ticketing and network monitoring systems
- Knowledge of radio transmitters, receivers, antennas, electronic and fiber optic theory
Wireline: Broadband, Fiber, Outside Plant (OSP), CATV, switching (MSC, CO), transport and provisioning
Formed by industry veterans in 2005, TekCom Resources is a full-service national recruiting firm specializing in telecommunications and network infrastructure contracting and recruiting.
TekCom Resources, Inc. has extensive experience supporting clients in building successful teams for high-profile projects with tight timelines and budgets. Our vast network of industry contacts allows us to find the best talent. Along with our recruiting experience, our staff takes a hands-on approach in assisting hiring managers to achieve their goals and objectives.
As technical staffing experts, we are passionate and driven to provide top-notch talent to help our clients achieve their goals. We are also committed to assisting job seekers in finding the job and career path they have always wanted.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is a WBENC Certified Women’s Business Enterprise.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. In keeping with this commitment, we will take the steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact: USAllRecruiters@TekComResources.com. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable and will consider all qualified applications for employment.
This message, including any accompanying documents or attachments, may contain information that is confidential or that is privileged. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please note that the dissemination, distribution, use or copying of this message or any of the accompanying documents or attachments is strictly prohibited. If you believe that you may have received this message in error, please contact me at 610-984-5622 or by return e-mail. TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. In keeping with this commitment, we will take the steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact:firstname.lastname@example.org. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable and will consider all qualified applications for employment.