Job Title: OSP Field Inspector
Job Summary: The OSP Field Inspector plays a crucial role on the front lines of expanding broadband internet access in the mid-west market. Working closely with sub-contractors, the Field Inspector ensures that construction builds are accurate, completed on schedule, and aligned with the project scope. This position entails overseeing, inspecting, and monitoring the contractual field work of multiple field crews, which involves various tasks such as excavations, boring, hand-hole placement, fiber cable installation, grounding, and restoration monitoring. The OSP Field Inspector serves as a key liaison between the construction teams, project management, and stakeholders, ensuring the successful deployment of broadband infrastructure.
- Collaborate with project management and sub-contractors to develop work schedules, project plans, and construction specifications.
- Conduct regular field inspections to verify compliance with project requirements, construction standards, and safety protocols.
- Monitor and document the progress and quality of construction activities, identifying any deviations from plans or potential issues.
- Review and interpret construction drawings, blueprints, and technical specifications to ensure accurate implementation.
- Oversee the installation of fiber cables, including routing, splicing, and termination, adhering to industry standards and best practices.
- Inspect and approve excavation sites, ensuring proper techniques and precautions are followed to minimize environmental impact and infrastructure damage.
- Monitor the placement of hand-holes and equipment cabinets, verifying their structural integrity and adherence to design specifications.
- Verify grounding systems and ensure electrical safety measures are implemented in accordance with regulations.
- Conduct thorough inspections of restoration activities to ensure that affected areas are reinstated to their original condition or as specified in the project plan.
- Maintain accurate records, including daily progress reports, inspection logs, and photographic documentation.
- Communicate effectively with field crews, sub-contractors, project managers, and other stakeholders to address construction-related concerns, provide guidance, and resolve any issues that may arise.
- Participate in project meetings, providing technical expertise and updates on construction progress.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, technological advancements, and regulatory changes related to broadband infrastructure construction.
- High school diploma or equivalent; relevant certifications or technical training in telecommunications, construction, or related fields is preferred.
- Proven experience in OSP (Outside Plant) construction, preferably in the telecommunications industry.
- Strong knowledge of construction practices, including excavation, boring, cable installation, grounding, and restoration techniques.
- Familiarity with industry standards and regulations governing telecommunications infrastructure deployment.
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings, blueprints, and technical specifications.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail to effectively manage multiple projects and ensure compliance with deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving skills to identify issues, evaluate alternatives, and implement appropriate solutions.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with diverse teams and stakeholders.
- Proficient in using relevant software and tools for documenting inspections, progress tracking, and communication.
- Physical ability to perform field inspections, including walking, climbing, and working in various weather conditions.
- Valid driver's license and willingness to travel to different work sites as required.
Note: This job description provides a general overview of the responsibilities and qualifications typically associated with the OSP Field Inspector position. Actual job duties and requirements may vary depending on the specific project.
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
A minimum of 2-5 years of experience in the telecommunications industry experience in the construction field with specific focus on fiber optic network deployment, underground construction, Outside Plant (OSP) (i.e. fiber technician, inspector).
<!--[endif]-->What We Do
TekCom Resources is a full-service national recruiting firm specializing in providing telecommunications and network infrastructure contractors, employees and project services to businesses.
Our specialization includes telecom network & infrastructure staffing deployments including planning, analysis, design, implementation, operations and maintenance.
Technologies we support:
Wireless: 3G, 4G, 5G, LTE, BTS, iDAS/oDAS, Small Cell, VoLTE, IOT, Microwave, NOC, BTS (Base stations)
Wireline: Fiber, Outside Plant (OSP), switching (MSC, CO), transport and provisioning
Formed by industry veterans in 2005, TekCom Resources is a full-service national recruiting firm specializing in telecommunications and network infrastructure contracting and recruiting.
TekCom Resources, Inc. has extensive experience supporting clients in building successful teams for high-profile projects with tight timelines and budgets. Our vast network of industry contacts allows us to find the best talent. Along with our recruiting experience, our staff takes a hands-on approach in assisting hiring managers to achieve their goals and objectives.
As technical staffing experts, we are passionate and driven to provide top-notch talent to help our clients achieve their goals. We are also committed to assisting job seekers in finding the job and career path they have always wanted.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is a WBENC Certified Women’s Business Enterprise.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.