TekCom Resources is looking for a Network Permitting Specialist in Columbia, MD. This is a long-term contract role with where you would be required to work in the office 4 days per week and have the option to work from home flexible on Fridays.
Our client is an established tier one vendor with a national presence and 25+ years of experience owning and operating network assets. To date, they have an expensive amount of route miles of fiber and small cells on air/under contract.
The Specialist applies for and secures all licenses and permits necessary to build fiber and small cells on time and on budget, ensuring compliance with all applicable agreements and regulatory requirements during all stages of site selection, construction and ongoing operations. Primary responsibilities include timely and accurate application for required licenses, permits and commercial electric service connections. The Specialist will monitor application timelines, effectively forecast anticipated receipt of authorizations, and assist in escalating delays internally and externally, as necessary. Requires working knowledge of governing state and federal regulations, relevant construction codes and processes, as well as frequent interface with internal and external partners. The Specialist must initiate timely system updates and communicate effectively, developing operational level subject matter expertise, proposing jurisdictional permitting and zoning solutions to customers, both internal and external. Requires knowledge of municipal processes, codes and ordinances, as well as frequent interface with local governments and jurisdictions.
• Review drawings for compliance with jurisdiction and/or utility standards
• Submit and acquire authorizations, approvals, and agreements as required from jurisdictions and utilities to install facilities both in the public right of way and on private property
• Addresses tactical challenges to successful, timely and cost-effective acquisition of authorizations or service connections, including resolution of application rejections or denials, violations, etc. on matters related to applicable laws, codes and ordinances as interpreted by internal legal counsel.
• Timely system updates, including accurate forecasting and milestone task completion
• Communicate effectively with all customers, both internal and external, during all stages of network deployment and operations
• Develops and maintains rich relationships with utility and staff-level jurisdictional stakeholders
• Minimum two (2) years’ experience, preferably in planning, zoning, and/or land use capacity, utility joint use or telecommunications industry or relevant military experience.
• Demonstrated experience navigating corporate environment and working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, with negotiating experience
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize multiple competing priorities
• Ability to comprehend contracts and agreements
• Proven ability to effectively collaborate and present persuasive arguments to achieve desired results
• Self-starter and ability to work independently
• Keen attention to detail
• Customer service orientation with a strong problem-solving approach
• Knowledge of applicable codes and regulations related to licensing and permitting fiber and small cells.
• Proficient in presenting and speaking at both internal and external engagements
• Travel to utilities, local governments and municipalities required
Working Conditions: This role falls into our hybrid work model working in the office on Monday through Thursday. On Fridays, teammates on the hybrid schedule will have the option to work from the office or home. There is an expectation of collaboration with teammates and stakeholders for moments that matter that could require travel.
Permitting Specialist Jobs, Telecom Permitting Jobs, Permit Specialist, Permit Coordinator, Permit Applications, Entitlement Applications, Local Jurisdictions, Permit Drawings, Construction Documents, Zoning Codes, Zoning Applications, Florida Jobs, Jobs in Florida, Fort Lauderdale Jobs, Jobs in Fort Lauderdale
Employees (and their families) have a choice of plans to purchase and enroll, including medical/vision, minimum essential coverage and/or dental. Employees can enroll in our company’s 401k plan after meeting the enrollment criteria.
What We Do:
TekCom Resources is a full-service national recruiting firm specializing in providing telecommunications and network infrastructure contractors, employees and project services to businesses.
Our specialization includes telecom network & infrastructure staffing deployments including planning, analysis, design, implementation, operations and maintenance.
Technologies We support:
Wireless: 4G, 5G, LTE, iDAS/oDAS, Small Cell, VoLTE, IOT, Microwave, NOC, BTS (Base stations)
Wireline: Broadband, Fiber, Outside Plant (OSP), CATV, switching (MSC, CO), transport and provisioning
Formed by industry veterans in 2005, TekCom Resources is a full-service national recruiting firm specializing in telecommunications and network infrastructure contracting and recruiting.
TekCom Resources, Inc. has extensive experience supporting clients in building successful teams for high-profile projects with tight timelines and budgets. Our vast network of industry contacts allows us to find the best talent. Along with our recruiting experience, our staff takes a hands-on approach in assisting hiring managers to achieve their goals and objectives.
As telecom infrastructure staffing experts, we provide contingent recruitment, contract to hire and direct hire placements on a national basis. We utilize our deep telecom industry knowledge combined with a solid understanding of our client and candidate needs to provide a fair, transparent and diverse recruiting process. We believe that our specialized niche is a key differentiator and that it is a good business practice to do the right thing every time. We provide top-notch wireless and wireline talent and value-added recruiting services to impact our clients and candidates in a positive way.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is a WBENC Certified Women’s Business Enterprise.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. In keeping with this commitment, we will take the steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact: USAllRecruiters@TekComResources.com. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable and will consider all qualified applications for employment.
This message, including any accompanying documents or attachments, may contain information that is confidential or that is privileged. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please note that the dissemination, distribution, use or copying of this message or any of the accompanying documents or attachments is strictly prohibited. If you believe that you may have received this message in error, please contact me at 610-984-5622 or by return e-mail. TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. In keeping with this commitment, we will take the steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact:firstname.lastname@example.org. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable and will consider all qualified applications for employment.