The Project Superintendent will be responsible for all phases of site construction on an assigned project in the New York City area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Qualifications (Skills, Abilities, and Experience Required)
- Site Manage specific projects to evaluate/manage progress and costs.
- Communicate construction status utilizing daily construction reports.
- Track and manage established project budget through final competition
- Drive cost savings and value engineering to reduce project cost and increase margin
- Review bidding and contract documents to insure adherence to the applicable requirements.
- Review contractor quotations and complete purchase requisitions.
- Identify problem and/or risk issues and recommend solutions.
- Manage daily job logs, weekly reports, look ahead reports, utilizing Microsoft Project is a plus.
- Insure change orders are expedited.
- Enforce required quality control measures.
- Implement project specific safety
Skill in communicating accurately in verbal and written formats.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Spreadsheets, and ability to learn company software
- The Construction Superintendent should have the proper OSHA 10, 30 and NY CSL license/ certifications.
- Ability to effectively read blue prints.
- Minimum of 3 years construction experience required, with a solid background in building trades and/or site development.
Attention to detail and adherence to company processes and procedures.
- College degree preferred, with a construction or engineering preference, or equivalent training and experience.