Field Construction Manager – Small Cell
We are looking for solid Small Cell Construction Managers in the Washington/Baltimore area with an industry leader.
You’ll be responsible for all aspects of construction; on-site management, coordination of subcontractors, OEM installers and customer representatives. Act as the expert on construction issues relating to small cell projects, including in-building iDAS, public right-of-way oDAS & Small Cells along with the associated inside & outside plant construction methods. Oversight will include activities related to above and below-ground fiber installation, hub construction, node construction and related utility make-ready.
Prior Sprint experience a huge plus.
- Make regular trips to sites during construction including: bid walk, precon walk, in progress site visits, punch walks and construction closeout.
- Ensure Project Manager is updated daily on the status of construction and aware of any issues that will impact project cost, quality or timely completion.
- Ensure all work is completed in accordance with Client's construction standards, processes, and procedures.
- Ensure accurate and complete files are maintained for projects and appropriate closeout documents are distributed in a timely manner and are in accordance with corporate and customer standards.
- Ensure that all jobs are maintained in a project tracking system with complete accuracy.
- General Contractor management and perform QA/QC functions
- High School degree or Greater
- A valid driver’s license required
- Minimum two (2) years of telecommunications/wireless construction experience
- Knowledge of Small cell deployment & Outside Plant Construction techniques (aerial & underground)
- Familiarity with test equipment and techniques for performing RF Sweep test, OTDR, Power Meter and Passive Intermodulation (PIM) testing
- Knowledge of budget development and execution
- Knowledge of construction management process
- Knowledge of site acquisition procedures, including regulatory and permitting process
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Ability to direct and diagnose work flow problems, critical paths and institute remedies
- Customer service orientation with a strong problem solving approach - strong interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills - MS office and project management software knowledge
Construction Management, Small Cell, Back-haul, Fiber, Outside Plant (OSP), Aerial, Public Right of Way (ROW). QA/QC, Lineman, Construction Ride out (CRO). Small Cell oDAS, Nodes, Utilities, CABLE construction coordination, CATV , General Contractor management.