Foreman- OSP Splicer
• Supervise all operations to ensure that all splicing operations are completed in accordance with customer and industry specifications.
• This includes ensuring that all needed tools and equipment are available at the jobsite, working from engineered blueprints, and keeping track of production.
• Oversee testing and troubleshooting fiber using OTDR, optical power meter, fiber identifier and scope
• Provide OSP Engineers with detailed reports of field splicing activity
• Review and interprets underground and aerial cable records in existing records, on maps or in the field
• Make recommendations for changes in running fiber optic cables, or provides input into construction methodologies
• Manage engineering, permit and construction processes
• Ensure all work is performed to conform to quality control guidelines (includes compliance with requirements outlined in applicable regulations such as: OSHA, FCC, NESC and NEC, etc ; as well as following procedures as outlined in the Installation, Technical, Operations, and Safety Manuals, and Employee Handbook)
• Clean, maintain, stock, and secure assigned vehicle and equipment
• Assign other duties as needed