Outside Plant (OSP) Field Technicians – Construction Managers (Coax/Fiber)
We are currently recruiting for Outside Plant (OSP) Field Technicians – Construction Managers (Coax/Fiber) for a long term project based on Long Island, NY (Covering all of Long Island, NY). We are looking to staff 3 person (OSP Construction, Installer Splicer and Drivers) teams in Full-time or contract roles.
- Collect data from the field to be used in determining a design, including all required OSP features
- Collect pole information to be used for telecommunication fiber network design
- Determine ideal locations for above ground facilities
- Conduct underground (UG) and Aerial cable layout surveys
- Develop accurate fiber network construction surveys
- Conduct substructure site surveys
- Determine new and existing locations for fiber optic cables
- Ensure measurements conducted accurately depict construction routes
- Identify issues in the field that could impact network design
- Identify assumed public ROW and visually identify existing utilities; provide suggestions regarding construction methods within ROW
- Identify potential cable moves, as well as guy and anchor requirements to allow for new cable attachments
- Efficiently and effectively account for all information necessary to attach a pole and complete measurements and photos
Key Skills: Outside Plant (OSP) Field Technicians – Construction Managers (Coax/Fiber), Broadband/ Construction, Aerial Lineman, Coax, Fiber, OSP, Bucket truck, Lineman, Outside plant construction. Fiber, FTTH, FTTP, Aerial and underground cable plant deployments, GPS Data Collection, Installation of Fiber optic and Coax cables. You must have the ability to pass a Background, DMV and Drug Screen. You should have the ability to safely lift 75 pounds and work in an outdoor environment.
- Knowledge of telecommunications construction techniques, including outside plant construction techniques, cable routing and fiber networking
- Knowledge of construction methods within ROW, including the knowledge necessary to identify assumed public ROW and visually identify existing utilities
- Familiarity with make-ready construction
- Knowledge of cable moves, as well as guy and anchor requirements, that allow for new cable attachments
- Knowledge of fiber construction operations, management, and provisioning
- Knowledge of power attachments and separation requirements, as well as the ability to determine communication line attachments and owners.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.