Our high profile client has a new exciting opportunity in the Washington, DC area for a Network Engineer/Admin to join their team.
**This is a government related role and the candidate - MUST BE US CITIZEN
**This position is a 6 month contract role with the option to convert to permanent status.
The Network Engineer will be responsible for the administration and support of company's managed unified communications networks ensuring the proper functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Performs daily network management, analysis and administration of the supported sites and networks
- Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements and plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments for upgrading operating systems and protocol suites
- Sets up administrator and service accounts
- Maintains System documentation
- May be required to program in administrative language
- Develops and implements testing strategies
- Fields calls to help desk and provides procedures to triage and escalate while also assisting with technical support and troubleshooting as necessary.
- Evaluates and monitors the acquisition of hardware and software as required.
- Facilitates and documents the integration of monitored systems into established support systems.
- Reviews and manages subcontractor services as needed.
- May be required to support/lead less-experienced network personnel.
- Must have experience working as a System Administrator / Network Engineer within the Windows Environment
- **Must hold US Citizenship for this role** - strict government background investigation will be required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering; or a related technical discipline
- 3+ years of directly related experience in network analysis and administration.
- Experience with Remedy trouble ticketing system or equivalent.
- Must have an understanding of computer and network security and expertise in system administration practices and procedures.
- Experience with enterprise VoIP systems and 911 emergency communications systems is highly desired.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.