OSP Construction Manager - (Phoenix AZ)
We are currently recruiting for a Fiber OSP Construction Manager for one of our national clients in the Phoenix AZ Area.
The ideal candidate has office experience and will have a background managing the pre-construction and construction phases of Fiber /OSP deployments (QA/QC). You will be managing General Contractors doing the assigned Fiber Construction including scheduling, reporting and due dates.
You should have experience related to aerial and below-ground fiber construction, node construction and related utility make-ready work.
Familiarity with Rules for Overhead Electric Line Construction or Public Right of Way experience is preferred and any small cell experience is a definite plus.
• Actively participate in and make recommendations in Vendor selection process.
• Attend deployment and other customer meetings as subject matter expert.
• Develop customer relationships that may result in influencing customers to award service work.
• Understand prevailing rates for all construction work and ensure competitive rates for quality work.
• Responsible to negotiate costs within scope of project, hold Vendor accountable to ensure budget is maintained; ensure District and/or Program and Project Managers and customers are aware of issues that will impact project completion or cost.
• Responsible to problem solve issues that may occur onsite and make recommendations based on priority and need to ensure the project and budget are maintained.
• Ensure all work is completed in accordance with construction standards, processes, and procedures.
• Ensure accurate and complete files are maintained for projects and appropriate closeout documents are distributed in a timely manner and are in accordance with corporate and customer standards.
• Ensure that all jobs are maintained in a project tracking system with complete accuracy.
• Minimum three (3) years of telecommunications/wireless construction experience
• Knowledge of Outside Plant Construction techniques (aerial & underground) for SCS.
• Familiarity with test equipment and techniques for performing RF Sweep test, OTDR, Power Meter and Passive Intermodulation (PIM) testing for SCS.
• Working knowledge of NESC, NEC and OSHA standards.
Construction / Project Manager, Back-haul, Fiber, Outside Plant (OSP), Public Right of Way (ROW). QA/QC, Lineman, Construction Ride out (CRO). Small Cell iDAS, oDAS, Nodes, Utilities