We are currently recruiting for a Junior Zoning and Land Use Capacity Support Specialist to provide project assistance to the internal team. Additionally, you will interface with local municipal staff to research processes needed for permit and application approvals.
The right individual will have two years of experience working with municipalities in a planning, zoning, land use capacity or wireless industry experience with new site builds, fiber or small cell projects. Comparable industry or relevant experience will be considered.
Important traits include a positive attitude, being a team player and willing to learn a new terminology and role. The right person is a highly motivated, organized, and detail-oriented individual and will work in our client’s real estate department. The ideal person should have excellent communication skills.
- Assists in researching and preparing Authorizations Analyses detailing the applicable process and associated costs and timelines for each jurisdiction.
- Provides support with all aspects of preparing and securing entitlement applications and agreements.
- Use mapping database to correlate facility placement with jurisdictional boundaries.
- Assists in the negotiation of right-of-way use agreements.
- Maintain relationships with municipalities.
- Ensure compliance with general conditions of approvals at permit and construction stages of the project.
- Review of municipal code and/or zoning ordinance changes.
- Provides research and advice to internal clients regarding access rights, permitting, and project deployment.
- Computer mapping/GIS skills that would include MapInfo or related application.
- Interact with customers and vendors to ensure proper communication on and coordination of various project-related initiatives.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.