We have a full-time opportunity
for a highly skilled, experienced, and organized Network Support Engineer to be part of our fast-paced, growing company. The primary objectives are be the point person for customer installations, customer support and assist the Network Operations Manager as we continue to expand our network and accelerate our on-net building deployments. The successful candidate should have a proven track record of provisioning internet circuits, VOIP services and working at a wireless internet service provider or telecommunications service provider.
Job Functions & Responsibilities:
Qualifications / Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Perform customer installations including configuration and installation of routers, switches and other equipment as required
- Configure/provision connections (Fast E & GigE, 10G, port bonding, and service upgrade)
- Day-to-day support on all network related issues such as trouble tickets
- Act as a subject matter expert, ensuring a streamlined implementation process for customers by providing cutover support, verifying service, testing system configuration, and identifying, correcting, or escalating issues
- Ensures orders are delivered on time, striving to exceed customer expectations
- SNMP trap alerts and new circuit turn ups
- Tier 2 escalation engineer for network inquiries
- Perform preventive maintenance, upgrades, and service on network infrastructure
- Perform network audit, inventory, capacity planning, and documentation
- Equipment cabling and testing of fiber and copper
- Troubleshoot and resolve network related service issues as they occur, including after-hours and weekends
- Participate in rotational on-call responsibilities
- This position includes traveling to customer premises for deployments, onsite support and/or maintenance
- ****Experience at Service Provider Level
Need someone with experience doing customer installs for business class internet, VOIP phones, helping build out in building systems and wireless (microwave radios) sites like a megapath, towerstream, bel air internet, etc.
Experience and skills for network configuration, fixed wireless system deployment and level 1 support
Compensation and Perks:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years telecom experience preferably with a WISP or ISP
- Industry network certification such as CCNA, CCNP, CISSP, NET+, etc.
- Experience with sole provisioning of internet and VOIP services in a fast paced, demanding environment
- Dark Fiber testing, troubleshooting and deployment experience
- Copper cabling connections experience
- Solid working knowledge of current Internet technologies, including TCP/IP, FTP, DNS Firewalls, security tools, and browser-based applications
- Hands on experience with Cisco ASR, 6500, 3750, and 3500
- Knowledge of Wireless technologies such as RADIUS, LWAPP, Cisco ACS, Wireless security and encryption (802.11i, WPA/WPA2, 802.1x), etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with all personnel, vendors, and customers
- Willingness to roll up sleeves to ensure personal and business success
- High energy individual with strong work ethic
- Attention to detail and the ability to manage a high-volume workload efficiently and effectively
- Autonomous yet comfortable teaming with others on various projects
- Computer: Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, Asana, Google, Zoom
Competitive Salary + Annual Bonus
Full medical, dental and vision benefits 401k w/ company match
Explosive Career Growth
Vacation & Company Holidays
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.