We are looking for several solid Fiber splicers a long-term 10 -12 months contract in the Allegheny & Cattaraugus county area of New York State (NY Southern Tier Expressway, I86, Olean, Hornell East of Jamestown, NY).
You must be in market M-F there is weekend work available too. Client will provide per diem and a truck, if needed.
- Prep and splice fiber via mechanical fusion methods
- Splice large count fibers via tube or ribbon method
- Access the fiber optic splicer enclosure and splice the necessary fibers directly from a ladder
- Perform mid-sheath live network splicing
- Troubleshoot and repair outages on a live network
- Complete central office, rack, head-end and HUB terminations
- Able to troubleshoot and repair problems utilizing optical test equipment such as OTDR, Fiber Identifier and Fiber Scope
- Prep, tray, and splice fiber optic cable ranging from single fiber to 288 count as well as perform ring cut when needed
- Perform testing and turn-ups of subscriber drops in both inside and outside plant environment
- Perform power meter testing
- Perform all work as necessary to conform to quality control guidelines (includes compliance with requirements outlined in applicable regulations such as: OSHA, FCC, NESC and NEC, etc ; as well as following procedures as outlined in the Installation, Technical, Operations, and Safety Manuals, and Employee Handbook)
- Knowledge of operating and using fiber optic splice equipment
- Knowledge of fiber optic theory which includes fiber loss, connector types and the different types of fibers
- Ability to read splicing matrix and design drawings
- Ability to utilize MS Excel or equivalent to document and retrieve splice information
- Ability to operate a bucket truck
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screening that includes background and drug testing
- Individuals must have a valid driver's license and driving record meeting the company policy conditions.
Key Skills: Splicing, Splicer, Fiber optical test equipment such as OTDR, Fiber Identifier and Fiber Scope #fiber #Splicer #Telecom @tekcomresources
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.