The Cable Technician will have the following responsibilities;
Physically assist with installing network/communication cabling
• Aid the Lead Tech with the installation of outlets, pulling cable, fire stopping and pre-termination including organizing, forming, dressing and labeling cables to industry standards
• Assisting with the removal and demolition of abandoned cables
• Attend continuing education, training and safety meetings as required, and maintain a core competence as a Technician as changes in our industry occurs.
• Read and use blueprints and floor plan with assistance from the Lead Tech.
• Employee must also be able to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing, with fellow employees, management, other trade contractors and customers.
• Work safely at all times utilizing the required Personal Protection Equipment.
• Provide professional and courtesy interaction with customer.
• Perform additional Technician and related functions as assigned by management and which management deems within the general skill and ability level of a productive Technician in our industry.
Flexibility to work extended hours (2nd and 3rd shift/overtime/weekends) as needed.
• Position requires daily travel to worksites and employees must have the ability to independently get to worksites
• Must adhere to OSHA Safety Standards
• OSHA IO hour certification will be made available by management