We are seeking a Fiber Splicer or a junior telecom field candidate for this position.
The Fiber Splicer specializes in splicing and terminating fiber optic cables to expand telecommunications networks into new areas or to replace existing lines. They also troubleshoot and perform maintenance to resolve signal problems Exposure to inclement weather conditions and physical demands may include entry into areas under construction and require walking, stooping, kneeling, reaching, lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to travel.
• As a team, prepare, splice and troubleshoot fiber optic cable.
• Install, repair and maintain fiber optic splice closures and distribution panels.
• Ability to work in Underground manhole systems, aerial plant, and customer premises.
• Experienced with fiber optic fusion machines i.e. Fujikura, Sumitomo, Fitel, etc. for splicing.
• Work in conjunction with field engineering to update records.
• Coordinate service delivery with multiple departments.
• On-Call for service outages
• Other duties as assigned