We are searching for a Fiber Construction Manager to support client Small-Cell projects in the Orlando, FL market. The role will require the management of Field Crews and Subcontractors handling small cell installations.
Essential Job Functions
• Directly advise and influence decisions of District and/or Program and Project Managers in all aspects of construction work.
• Actively participate in and make recommendations in Vendor selection process.
• Attend deployment and other customer meetings as subject matter expert for Crown.
• Develop customer relationships that may result in influencing customers to award service work to Crown.
• Make regular trips to sites during construction including: bid walk, pre-con walk, in progress site visits, punch walks and construction closeout. Provide direction to general contractors when doing ground work.
• Understand prevailing rates for all construction work .
• Responsible to negotiate costs within scope of project, hold Vendor accountable to ensure budget is maintained; ensure District and/or Program and Project Managers and customers are aware of issues that will impact project completion or cost.
• Responsible to problem solve issues that may occur onsite and make recommendations based on priority and need to ensure the project and budget are maintained.
• Ensure all work is completed in accordance with construction standards, processes, and procedures.
• Ensure accurate and complete files are maintained for projects and appropriate closeout documents are distributed in a timely manner and are in accordance with corporate and customer standards.
• Ensure that all jobs are maintained in a project tracking system with complete accuracy.
• Act as safety observer and Quality Assurance representative while at the site ensuring compliance with Crown Castle safety program and related workmanship practices.
• High School degree
• A valid driver’s license required
• Minimum three (3) years of telecommunications/wireless construction experience
• Knowledge of Outside Plant Construction techniques (aerial & underground) for SCS.
• Familiarity with test equipment and techniques for performing RF Sweep test, OTDR, Power Meter and Passive Intermodulation (PIM) testing for SCS.
• Working knowledge of NESC, NEC and OSHA standards.