Level 4 Technician
Lead position requiring a minimum of 4 years of experience as a Level 3 Installation Technician or equivalent. Strong management skills, strong engineering skills, supervise multiple/complex jobs and crews from start through completion and customer acceptance, on time and on budget. Report to installation management and provide daily job status to project management. Assist in the training and development of Level 1, 2 & 3 installers assigned by installation management. Heavy experience in the telephone equipment system environment and/or cable industry including engineering and installation of Ironwork, Site Conditioning, DC Power, Batteries, Common Systems, Transport/Facilities, Digital Switch and all phases of complex AC wiring with emphasis on safety and quality.
- Site surveying and job walking experience a must.
- Preferably 5+ years’ experience in power transition work including the addition and remove of circuits on working power plants and BDFB & PDU’s and ability to troubleshoot down to component l level on equipment such as power plants, fuse panels, batteries, etc.
- Perform as the professional point of contact person at all MOP meetings and with customer designated contacts.
- Experience performing and reading power plant voltages.
- Requires excellent verbal, written communication skills & customer relation skills.
- Must be able to provide high level of quality customer service to perform as the company’s professional liaison during job installation.
- Must be able to complete Field Service Reports within a timely manner.
- Requires knowledge of equipment, manufacturer’s specifications, estimation experience and job walking is a must.
- Ability to work independently and resourceful with good initiatives.
Skill & Education:
- AA/BS degree in Electrical and/or Electronics from an accredited college or university, or equivalent training on the job or military.
- Minimum of two years OEM experience or five years of progressively difficult experience in DC power installation, maintenance and repair.
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting, as well as updating, complex technical instructions, plans blueprints, and schematic diagrams.
TekCom Resources Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.