Our client is looking for a Sourcing Manager to support their original equipment manufacturer (OEM) technology category. This is a great opportunity for an experienced buyer that wants to take a high degree of responsibility in a fast-paced and agile environment.
This position will report to the Head of Global Procurement.
- Conduct and lead commercial and legal negotiations with suppliers. Strong negotiation and contracting background. Must be able negotiate high value supply and manufacturing contracts with very little supervision.
- Liaise with Supply Chain Management and Account Teams on a daily basis to support the Strategic Sourcing process.
- Practice strategic procurement.
- Manage business relations with different vendors
- Prepare commercial and legal documents such as NDA's, Agreements, Amendments and RFP’s.
- Evaluate suppliers’ quotations with regards to specifications, price, delivery, credit terms and all other data meeting the requirements of the internal business unit.
- As part of supplier management, manage and monitor suppliers’ performance, issue relevant reports, issue purchase orders, engage in ongoing cost reduction activities, agreement renegotiations, etc.
- Ensure that data entered on Procurement systems is clear and accurate for reporting purposes.
- Meet with internal customers to determine requirements, strategies, change in direction and ensure ongoing compliance and communication of Procurement’s policies and tools.
- Source new products and services upon receipt of a clear specification from the requestor.
- Explore new business opportunities (new suppliers, business models and methods).
- Liaise with technical specialists.
- Perform cost and financial spend analysis (benchmark, in-source vs. outsource).
- Ongoing teamwork and collaborate with colleagues and the various units.
- Experience in purchasing practices and procedures is essential.
- 5 years of experience in a similar role, preferably with experience in the High-tech arena, Telecommunications or IT.
- Expert in leading change and improvement
- Previous experience working for global organizations.
- Self-driven. Must be able to work under minimal supervision.
- Strong negotiating and contracting skills.
- Ability to be quick, agile and highly responsive.
- Strong interpersonal skills, a team player.
- Project Management experience is a plus
- ERP skills preferably Oracle R12.
- Previous experience sourcing from major OEMs such as Dell, HPE, Cisco, RedHat, VMware, Commscope and others