On-site supervision of all construction related activities including, repair of towers and co-location system placement. Complete construction projects by scheduling materials, equipment, and personnel, monitoring projects, enforcing code and safety regulations, supervising technicians and sub-contractors.
Supervise and assist in the installation of all aspects of wireless cell site foundations, grounding and conduits, with electrical installations where applicable.
- Ensure highest level of safety and quality control requirements are upheld
- Instruct and follow of all OSHA and Company Fall Safety procedures
- Inspect and ensure proper use of personal safety equipment
- Lead work on tower top, looking after all aspects of work while at the tower top, ensuring that a quality installation has been performed, including rigging, hoisting, landing, fastening, load-hopping, etc
- Assist on overall job on ground work including all tasks required to build and install a site per customer specs
- Identify and select cables, ropes, blocks, and tackle by weight and size of load to be moved
- Maintain material inventory on crew truck and warehouse
- Perform tower modifications, inspections, inventories and audits
- Review all documentation to prepare for installation, assemble the necessary materials, determine required installation methods, tools and equipment and direct crew
- Give direction to Crane Operators engaged in hoisting and moving loads while ensuring the safety of others and material handled
- Collect and review all on-site closeout documentation and submit to the project manager per the deliverable timelines
- Responsible for site crew quality, timeliness, accuracy and schedule
- Train junior staff members
High School diploma or general education degree (GED); related trade school education preferred
Minimum 5 years experience as Wireless Tower Technician Technical Skills
- Excellent knowledge of cell site construction
- Specific experience with wireless carrier builds
- Must have or obtain documented Authorized Climber & Competent Climber/Rescue certification from an accredited institution that meets the federal standards
- Must have or obtain OSHA Construction 10 HR Safety Training Card issued by the US Department of Labor
- Must have or obtain First Aid and CPR certification.
- Must have completed an RF/EME safety course from a competent provider with documentation
- Ability read site plans and build accordingly
- Knowledge of and perform oversight of crews who mount antennas, run coax, apply connectors, sweep lines, and PIM Test Coax lines.
- Knowledge of knots and tower rigging necessary.
- Operate aerial lifts, man lifts, skid steers and aerial platform equipment.
- DC/AC electrical skills
- Build BOM based on job needs per plans
- Basic computer skills including MS Office
Ability to motivate, lead, teach and train on proper work and safety procedures
- Ability to work directly with customer
- Communicate in person, by phone and radio with managers and co-workers
- Must work in a team environment on the crew and be a valued member of the team and the company
- Ability to read, comprehend and carry out instructions
- Must be able to climb and perform work at various heights, up to 400 feet, for long periods of time
- Must be in good physical condition with the ability to stoop, crawl, bend at the knees and waist, squat and lift 50 lbs; includes body weight, equipment, tools and boxes
- Must be able to pull his/her own body weight plus equipment weight up a vertical tower repeatedly for long periods of time
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screening that includes background and drug testing
- May be required to work long and unpredictable hours
- Position requires working outdoors in all types of weather
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Must pass drug screening
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.