We are looking for a strong Network Real Estate Project Manager for an exciting project.
The position carries a high level of responsibility and must adhere to established schedules to facilitate timely delivery of the customer order. The ideal candidate will offer the following abilities and knowledge, as demonstrated in employment history or other experience: negotiating right-of-way access agreements, representation at Zoning Hearings, experience preparing and submitting permit packages, processing permits by interfacing with local governments, vendor management, securing requisite Real Estate to allow network development, and an understanding of construction plans/drawings.
Essential Job Functions
- Has primary responsibility in all aspects of submitting and acquiring Real Estate and agreements needed
- Responsible for representation before local agencies and represent Client before jurisdictional planning authorities and city councils.
- Interface with jurisdictional staff on matters related to applicable laws, codes and ordinances and effectively communicate and leverage regulatory status in support of deployment objections.
- Collaborate and coordinate with internal functional groups to resolve issues, to facilitate progress and to achieve milestone targets, with the goal of delivering networks on-time and on-budget.
- Responsible for all project tracking including data entry and the integrity of information in system.
- Act as the single point of contact for internal and external customers reliant on specific Network Real Estate deliverables in given projects within a district. Attend customer deployment meetings, to resolve conflicts or problems related to Network Real Estate deliverables and tasks.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
• JD or legal background preferred but not required
• A minimum of three (3) years of proven experience working for a wireless carrier or wireless services/ site acquisition, external/regulatory/governmental affairs consulting firm, a utility, a jurisdictional, or Planning, Zoning, and Land Use capacity required or equivalent in a comparable industry or relevant military experience required.
• Experience in presenting and speaking to the public and governmental entities.
• Experience working with engineering teams, preparation of permit applications and construction documents and network construction required.
• Familiarity with and experience of the rules and policies of the Public Utilities Commission desirable.
• Experience working on goal-driven, cross-functional teams.
• Experience deploying distributed network systems within the context of deploying telecommunications networks within the public way preferred.
• Familiarity with and experience of the rules and policies of the federal Telecommunications Act, State statutes and local ordinances governing telecommunications deployed in the public right of way. Public Utility Code, and Public Utilities/Public Service Commission desirable.