Our client is seeking a Design Manager in Chicago, IL. This position will be for a wireless client managing telecom related project designs focusing on in-building DAS, oDAS, Wi-Fi and Public Safety. You will work closely with the technical services team to ensure a quality work product and timely completion. You will also be required to manage design staff and schedule/track work progress. Previous telecom experience is required. A design background in CAD would be preferred.
PROJECT REVIEW RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review current workload with PM’s and assign projects to designers.
- Review what deliverables are due and ensure they are completed.
- Review drawings and return redlines to designers as required.
- Review ancillary project-related reviews (structural, electrical, technical, EOR/stamping) due and ensure follow-ups are made to ensure these are completed on time.
- Work with designers to answer project-related questions. Minimal follow up with PM’s should be required here.
- Take detailed notes after discussions, calls, meetings and other information sharing sessions. This is critical in order to help keep yourself on task.
- Keep an organized daily schedule to achieve all of the above tasks with minimal interruption and deviation.
- Utilize the department project tracker, keep it updated and follow it along with keeping notes and direction from meetings with PM’s and other department personnel.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/SPECIAL SKILLS (Preferred, Not Required):
- Review ALL available documentation on the P drive including photos, site sketches, existing drawings, existing designs (iBwave), RFDS, specs, etc and get an understanding of the project’s SOW before review even begins.
- Review the drawing set to ensure these major items are designed to an acceptable level:
- All the below items are shown on the site plan or on floor plans correctly.
- GPS location and path are shown accurately.
- Head end room is shown correctly and designed per the RFDS. (Correct number of racks/cabinets, RRU’s, etc)
- IDF closets (if part of the design) are located correctly and are designed per the iBwave design document.
- Power source is shown correctly, path to the head end and/or IDF closets are shown accurately.
- Fiber backhaul sources is shown correctly, path to the head end is shown accurately.
- If doing an iDAS layout, ensure the design matches the iBwave document.
- Once all of the above major items are captured to an acceptable level on the design set, review the set to ensure all of the notes are consistent and make sense.
- Ensure dimensions are shown where needed and that they add up.
- Make sure sheets are organized correctly and match the drawing index.
- Make sure the title sheet is filled out properly, have the correct contact info, the correct SOW, the correct codes and correct property information.
- Master’s degree in Construction Management
- 4 year BA or BS Degree in Architecture or BS Degree in Engineering
- Expert in all aspects of Microsoft Office – especially Excel
- Understand the use of Adobe Acrobat (pdf files), digital photographs (jpeg files), Microsoft Office products (Outlook, word, and excel files) and internet search engines.
- Self-driven personality but with a desire for team success
- Detail oriented, able to maintain quality control for all outgoing products. This position will be the first line of QC in a group effort
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Ability to operate in a dynamic and changing environment
- Ability to travel as required
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.