TekCom Resources is seeking an Associate Project Manager
for an office-based role with one of our largest and most-established clients!
Candidates can sit out of either Houston or Indianapolis, but must be within 60 miles of the client's office.
This is a contract-based role scheduled for 12 months
, with the possibility of full-time hire at the end of the contract. It is a hybrid position, with successful candidates working three days out of the client's office and two days from home.
Position will support lead Project Manager on customer deployments, and/or serve as lead project manager on regional / nontraditional customer deployments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Project manage one or more aspects of a customer deployment on multiple applications, and ensure projects are completed according to mutually agreed upon timeline of customer and client
• Directly advise and influence decisions of Program and Project Managers in all aspects of construction work
• Actively participate in and make recommendations in Vendor selection process
• Attend deployment and other customer meetings as subject matter expert for client
• Understand prevailing rates for all construction work and ensure client is receiving competitive rates for quality work.
• Responsible to negotiate costs within scope of project, hold Vendor accountable to ensure budget is maintained; ensure Construction Program, Project Managers and customers are aware of issues that will impact project completion or cost
• Responsible to problem solve issues that may occur onsite and make recommendations based on priority and need to ensure the project and budget are maintained
• Project manage/support all facets of an application from NTP to construction complete and closeouts delivered
• Responsible for forecasting Project Management Tool dates (e.g., initial forecast, updated forecast) and customer systems as directed by Construction Program and Project Manager
• Participate in internal & external deployment meetings as directed by lead Construction Project Manager, and interact with carrier representative as needed
• Deal with design issues as they arise (limited lease entitlements, additional ground space needed, easements, etc.)
• Communicate and coordinate with relevant functions and parties as needed
• Utility coordination as needed.
• Knowledge of telecommunications/wireless project management, asset management, tower maintenance, and property management
• Knowledge of site acquisition procedures, including regulatory and permitting process
• Ability to read and understand blueprints along with and understanding of tower/roof top structural details
• Ability to read and understand financial metrics and identify remedies to financial issues
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
• A valid driver’s license required.
• Minimum One (1) to three (3) years of project management experience.
• AT&T and TURF Contract experience and telecommunications experience.
• Candidates MUST have at least one year of AT&T support experience!
What We Do
TekCom Resources is a full-service national recruiting firm specializing in providing telecommunications and network infrastructure contractors, employees and project services to businesses.
Our specialization includes telecom network & infrastructure staffing deployments including planning, analysis, design, implementation, operations and maintenance.
Technologies we support:
Wireless: 3G, 4G, 5G, LTE, BTS, iDAS/oDAS, Small Cell, VoLTE, IOT, Microwave, NOC, BTS (Base stations)
Wireline: Fiber, Outside Plant (OSP), switching (MSC, CO), transport and provisioning
Formed by industry veterans in 2005, TekCom Resources is a full-service national recruiting firm specializing in telecommunications and network infrastructure contracting and recruiting.
TekCom Resources, Inc. has extensive experience supporting clients in building successful teams for high-profile projects with tight timelines and budgets. Our vast network of industry contacts allows us to find the best talent. Along with our recruiting experience, our staff takes a hands-on approach in assisting hiring managers to achieve their goals and objectives.
As technical staffing experts, we are passionate and driven to provide top-notch talent to help our clients achieve their goals. We are also committed to assisting job seekers in finding the job and career path they have always wanted.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is a WBENC Certified Women’s Business Enterprise.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.