One of our most established clients in a booming industry is looking to fulfill a Utility Permit Coordinator in their Canonsburg Office working on a hybrid schedule.
The Utility Coordinator will be primarily responsible for new service and account setup of meters by engaging utility companies across the United States. Data management is a critical skill in this role, and this position will be responsible for verifying existing data, updating systems with new data, and aligning with data keep-clean efforts going forward. The Utility Coordinator will also support the Utility Coordination and A&E functions of the team.
Essential Job Functions:
• Communicate (phone, email, etc.) with utility companies to establish service of meters in account
• Perform desktop reviews/assessments of power availability on cell sites.
• Review utility relocation plans & working with the Utility Companies and designers to resolve conflicts while ensuring compliance with Federal, State, and Local codes.
• Coordinate with customer and utility owners to ensure project schedules are met and prepare documentation to perform the utility work.
• Communicate issues that will impact scope of work completion or cost to Project Manager and/or impacted stakeholders
• Vendor management, where applicable
• Responsible for forecasting in Project Management Tool
• Participate in internal & external deployment meetings as directed by Project Manager and Supervisor, and interact with customers’ representatives as needed
• Deal with design issues as they arise (limited lease entitlements, additional ground space needed, easements, etc.)
• Communicate and coordinate with relevant functions and parties as needed
• Electrician License or Trade/Apprenticeship is beneficial
• One (1) to three (3) years in a general business environment with project coordination and/or utility coordination experience.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office
• Ability to read construction drawings / blueprints
• Excellent verbal, written, and organizational/administrative skills are a must
• Excellent sense of personal accountability
• Detail oriented; pursues data integrity in all behaviors
• Ability to manage high volumes through prioritization of business impacts
• Customer service orientation with a strong problem-solving approach
• Knowledge of telecommunications/wireless project management, asset management, tower maintenance, and property management
• Ability to direct the diagnosis of workflow problems, critical paths, and institute remedies
Working Conditions: Works in a normal office setting with no exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
What We Do
TekCom Resources is a full-service national recruiting firm specializing in providing telecommunications and network infrastructure contractors, employees and project services to businesses.
Our specialization includes telecom network & infrastructure staffing deployments including planning, analysis, design, implementation, operations and maintenance.
Technologies we support:
Wireless: 3G, 4G, 5G, LTE, BTS, iDAS/oDAS, Small Cell, VoLTE, IOT, Microwave, NOC, BTS (Base stations)
Wireline: Fiber, Outside Plant (OSP), switching (MSC, CO), transport and provisioning
Formed by industry veterans in 2005, TekCom Resources is a full-service national recruiting firm specializing in telecommunications and network infrastructure contracting and recruiting.
TekCom Resources, Inc. has extensive experience supporting clients in building successful teams for high-profile projects with tight timelines and budgets. Our vast network of industry contacts allows us to find the best talent. Along with our recruiting experience, our staff takes a hands-on approach in assisting hiring managers to achieve their goals and objectives.
As technical staffing experts, we are passionate and driven to provide top-notch talent to help our clients achieve their goals. We are also committed to assisting job seekers in finding the job and career path they have always wanted.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is a WBENC Certified Women’s Business Enterprise.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.