TekCom Resources is seeking a Network Operations Technician to work with one of the largest telecommunications infrastructure companies in America!
This is a year-long, contract role working out of our client's office in Pompano Beach, Florida. As a field technician, you will be in the field the majority of the time; experience operating a bucket truck is necessary. There WILL be an opportunity to stay on longer depending on available work and quality of fit!
In this role, you will be responsible for the installation, testing, and maintenance of high-speed fiber optic transmission equipment, circuits, and small cell networks. Typical responsibilities are circuit delivery, resolution of reactive maintenance/change management tickets as well as the completion of preventative maintenance and quality review tasks.
• Perform all activities in a manner to ensure the safety of yourself, team, customers, and the public.
• Respond to all network outages, impairments, and emergencies in assigned area.
• Complete all required preventative maintenance inspections to client's standards.
• Install, Turn-up, test, and provision SONET, DWDM, and Ethernet equipment in an optical fiber network adhering to engineered design.
• Work with fiber optic, SONET/Ethernet related test equipment including Network Tester, OTDR, Optical Power Meter, Optical Fiber Identifier, Multimeter, DC plant tester.
• Operate and understand RF and Small Cell related test equipment, such as Antenna/PIM analyzer, RF power meter, Spectrum analyzer, Signal generator, Fusion splicer.
• Perform advanced analysis and troubleshooting of issues while assisting the NOC and customers.
• Perform site survey and quality review of remote locations to ensure company standards are met.
• Perform both hardware and software updates and/or changes to remote site equipment as necessary.
• Operate PC or similar devices to gain access to Network nodes, CPE devices/Small Cell Network elements as well as assigned administrative tasks.
• Work efficiently and effectively with cross-functional departments and peers.
• Responsible for compliance with client's policies and procedures.
• Participate in on-call rotation schedule for nights and weekend coverage.
• Safe work practices must be followed along with integrity and quality
Education and Licensing:
• High School Degree or equivalent required
• Associates or two-year Technical degree strongly preferred
• Wireless/Wireline Operations, Ethernet certification or equivalent military experience preferred
• Possess a valid state driver’s license with a non-negligent driving record
• Ability to safely drive and operate a bucket truck in the public right of way
• Two (2) + years’ experience working as a field technician in the communications industry.
• Experience with Ethernet, Sonet and fiber optic testing or Wireless/Wireline Operations OSP/ISP experience.Knowledge of Coax and Low voltage trouble shooting
Network operations, fiber, Sonet, Ethernet, OSP, ISP, coaxial, low-voltage, bucket truck, field, technician, DFWM, OTDR, small cell.
What We Do
TekCom Resources is a full-service national recruiting firm specializing in providing telecommunications and network infrastructure contractors, employees and project services to businesses.
Our specialization includes telecom network & infrastructure staffing deployments including planning, analysis, design, implementation, operations and maintenance.
Technologies we support:
Wireless: 3G, 4G, 5G, LTE, BTS, iDAS/oDAS, Small Cell, VoLTE, IOT, Microwave, NOC, BTS (Base stations)
Wireline: Fiber, Outside Plant (OSP), switching (MSC, CO), transport and provisioning
Formed by industry veterans in 2005, TekCom Resources is a full-service national recruiting firm specializing in telecommunications and network infrastructure contracting and recruiting.
TekCom Resources, Inc. has extensive experience supporting clients in building successful teams for high-profile projects with tight timelines and budgets. Our vast network of industry contacts allows us to find the best talent. Along with our recruiting experience, our staff takes a hands-on approach in assisting hiring managers to achieve their goals and objectives.
As technical staffing experts, we are passionate and driven to provide top-notch talent to help our clients achieve their goals. We are also committed to assisting job seekers in finding the job and career path they have always wanted.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is a WBENC Certified Women’s Business Enterprise.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable and will consider all qualified applications for employment.