TekCom Resources is looking for a Technical Analyst to work in a Network Operations Center (NOC) in the Canonsburg, PA area. This is a long-term contract role with a 2nd or 3rd Shift and potential rotation.
Provides support in a 24x7x365 days/year Network Operations Center that monitors, resolves, tests, and escalates SCN DAS and WiFi alarms and security issues to ensure company compliance with customer requirements. Ensure all SCN DAS and WiFi networks are meeting industry standards and meeting performance goals.
Essential Job Functions
• Serve as primary support for Small Cell Operations by managing internal and customer devices, performing analysis of alarms, and taking steps to restore service.
• Engage field operations and Tier 2 support for network equipment issues as needed.
• Respond to client requests and notify clients of network problems and business impacts
• Review planned and unplanned changes to network infrastructure.
• Monitor the Small Cell networks by using provided systems and tools to remotely access complex equipment and test/resolve alarms on these networks.
• Provide surveillance on 7x24 basis to observe and document alarms on networks and equipment
• Using provided tools to localize network problems to host or remote equipment
• Provide correlation of multiple alarm conditions or tickets to identify root cause trouble resolution.
• Monitor and perform testing of the WiFi systems, provide diagnostics for the network performance and interface with customer NOC center for feedback on customer issues.
• Use software and hardware tools to identify and diagnose network status and problems.
• Monitoring and control of after-hours for emergency fiber/cable locate process to escalate to field personnel as needed.
• Interface with field personnel to verify repairs, testing of alarm systems and documenting resolutions.
• Basic troubleshooting and configuration of data alarm connectivity designs.
• Provide first contact for large scale outages, lead outage calls, and provide feedback on outages for customers, contractors, technicians, and other involved employees.
• Configure and modify Small cell networks and nodes to Network Monitoring software.
• Maintain a working knowledge of all products, processes, and systems associated with the SCN and WiFi systems.
• Associates degree or equivalent technical training in electronics.
• Three (3) to Five (5) years of customer service and/or service dispatch experience
• Telecommunication and wireless experience preferred
• Knowledge of wireless telecommunications network management systems
• Excellent sense of personal accountability
• Excellent customer service skills with strong problem solving skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office and the ability to learn specialized system tools
• Skilled at completing tickets for maintenance purpose
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Knowledge of wireless communications a plus
• Detail oriented with strong written and verbal skills
• Self-motivated with the ability to make critical decisions
Network Operation Center, NOC, DAS, Wifi, Small Cell Network, Operations, Analysis of Alarms, Restore, Tier 2 Support, 7x24, Troubleshooting, Customer Service, Service Dispatch, Telecommunications, Wireless
Employees (and their families) have a choice of plans to purchase and enroll, including medical/vision, minimum essential coverage and/or dental. Employees can enroll in our company’s 401k plan after meeting the enrollment criteria.
What We Do:
TekCom Resources is a full-service national recruiting firm specializing in providing telecommunications and network infrastructure contractors, employees and project services to businesses.
Our specialization includes telecom network & infrastructure staffing deployments including planning, analysis, design, implementation, operations and maintenance.
Technologies We support:
Wireless: 4G, 5G, LTE, iDAS/oDAS, Small Cell, VoLTE, IOT, Microwave, NOC, BTS (Base stations)
Wireline: Broadband, Fiber, Outside Plant (OSP), CATV, switching (MSC, CO), transport and provisioning
Formed by industry veterans in 2005, TekCom Resources is a full-service national recruiting firm specializing in telecommunications and network infrastructure contracting and recruiting.
TekCom Resources, Inc. has extensive experience supporting clients in building successful teams for high-profile projects with tight timelines and budgets. Our vast network of industry contacts allows us to find the best talent. Along with our recruiting experience, our staff takes a hands-on approach in assisting hiring managers to achieve their goals and objectives.
As telecom infrastructure staffing experts, we provide contingent recruitment, contract to hire and direct hire placements on a national basis. We utilize our deep telecom industry knowledge combined with a solid understanding of our client and candidate needs to provide a fair, transparent and diverse recruiting process. We believe that our specialized niche is a key differentiator and that it is a good business practice to do the right thing every time. We provide top-notch wireless and wireline talent and value-added recruiting services to impact our clients and candidates in a positive way.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is a WBENC Certified Women’s Business Enterprise.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. In keeping with this commitment, we will take the steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact: USAllRecruiters@TekComResources.com. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable and will consider all qualified applications for employment.