TekCom Resources is looking for a Fiber Construction Inspector in the Fort Myers area. This is a long-term contract role that will be spent in the field.
Our client is an established tier one vendor with a national presence and 25+ years of experience owning and operating network assets. To date, they have an expensive amount of route miles of fiber and small cells on air/under contract.
Will work with their Direct Supervisor and management in other Operations organizations to ensure company policies and procedures are being followed across the company.
Extensive locate experience, experience with the installation of Underground/Aerial fiber, 811/Damage prevention knowledge, Splicing experience.
Technology the candidate must have experience in the following: Needs to know how to operate a Locate transmitter/receiver, Has to have experience with Sonding or directional drill .
The Damage Prevention Construction Inspector position monitors locate tickets and work items based on historical company damage data. Maintains high level of communication with high-risk excavators/contractors to ensure quality control and compliance for projects working within close proximity of existing outside plant. Assist CMs in job responsibilities; includes time both in the office as well as out in the field.
• Oversee, inspect, and monitor high-risk excavations taking place near facilities which include directional boring, placement of mast arms, utility pole placement and fiber cable installation.
• Advise high-risk excavator’s/contractors of safe digging practices to ensure existing facilities remain operational and damage free; ensures adherence to 811 safe digging procedures.
• On site coverage of the metro areas as follows (Miami and Broward 2x per week, Palm Beach County 1x per week)
• Field visit minimum of 10 active jobsites daily, while documenting daily field visits, locate tickets #’s/work items, etc.
• Provide live field assistance when contractors have concerns about CC U/g Plant
• Upload and document all field meets with photos providing detailed account of each meet.
• Monitors locate database (Utilisphere) and identify areas of high-risk excavation to CC plant via risk score.
Background Our Client is Seeking:
Fiber Construction, OSP Construction, Fiber Inspector, OSP Inspector, Fiber Documentation, Splicing, Underground, Aerial Fiber, Damage Prevention, Fiber Jobs, #tekcomjobs
Employees (and their families) have a choice of plans to purchase and enroll, including medical/vision, minimum essential coverage and/or dental. Employees can enroll in our company’s 401k plan after meeting the enrollment criteria.
What We Do:
TekCom Resources is a full-service national recruiting firm specializing in providing telecommunications and network infrastructure contractors, employees and project services to businesses.
Our specialization includes telecom network & infrastructure staffing deployments including planning, analysis, design, implementation, operations and maintenance.
Technologies We support:
Wireless: 4G, 5G, LTE, iDAS/oDAS, Small Cell, VoLTE, IOT, Microwave, NOC, BTS (Base stations)
- Must have previous experience with fiber construction
- Experience with strand mapping
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Visio, etc.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Sharp analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to multitask to achieve goals in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment
Wireline: Broadband, Fiber, Outside Plant (OSP), CATV, switching (MSC, CO), transport and provisioning
Formed by industry veterans in 2005, TekCom Resources is a full-service national recruiting firm specializing in telecommunications and network infrastructure contracting and recruiting.
TekCom Resources, Inc. has extensive experience supporting clients in building successful teams for high-profile projects with tight timelines and budgets. Our vast network of industry contacts allows us to find the best talent. Along with our recruiting experience, our staff takes a hands-on approach in assisting hiring managers to achieve their goals and objectives.
As telecom infrastructure staffing experts, we provide contingent recruitment, contract to hire and direct hire placements on a national basis. We utilize our deep telecom industry knowledge combined with a solid understanding of our client and candidate needs to provide a fair, transparent and diverse recruiting process. We believe that our specialized niche is a key differentiator and that it is a good business practice to do the right thing every time. We provide top-notch wireless and wireline talent and value-added recruiting services to impact our clients and candidates in a positive way.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is a WBENC Certified Women’s Business Enterprise.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. In keeping with this commitment, we will take the steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact: USAllRecruiters@TekComResources.com. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable and will consider all qualified applications for employment.