TekCom Resources is seeking a Project Manager for our client's long-term fiber construction projects in the Washington, D.C. area!
This is a direct-hire role with our client, and the role itself with involve management of multiple fiber construction jobs and overall leadership on the client's fiber construction in that market. You will be in the field for this role daily, and duties may fall after-hours, on weekends or on holidays depending on the situation. Travel will be required for site visits.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Overall status as a subject matter expert (SME) able to provide direction to subordinates in multiple departments.
- Move projects from introductory phases to completion. Assist with planning and strategy, help determine the scope of work (SOW), assist with compilation of a bill of materials (BOM), track and order materials where necessary, and convey scheduling to members of the project team
- Handle more than one project simultaneously, with an eye towards achieving on-time completion.
- Support and foster growth of less experienced members of the project management team.
- Conduct assessment of individual projects to determine financial viability and importance within larger market goals.
- Check progress on the ground and provide QA of completed work, and perform site walks at beginning of projects.
- Meet with customers and vendors before, throughout and after completion of projects, using the Scopes of Work as guides.
- Work with entire management team in tracking and assuring success of projects.
- Ensure proper access to all necessary materials and work with team on diagnosing material shortages.
- Compile reporting and complete closeout obligations at end of project.
- Be available to team members whenever necessary to address issues as they arise.
Education and Experience:
- Extensive knowledge of both underground and aerial fiber construction, preferably in both urban and long-haul settings.
- Familiarity with equipment and materials related to fiber construction and products, as well as proper contexts for use of various techniques and specific products.
- Strong comfort level with job documents including blue-prints, diagrams and other written materials. Ability to develop "take off" documents including but not limited to Scopes of Work, quotes, labor and materials costs, etc.
- Knowledge and familiarity with permitting process and experience interacting with utilities in determining course of construction.
- Knowledge of more "hands-on" aspects of fiber construction including splicing, splicing equipment and documentation.
- Strong familiarity with MS Office software suite.
- Experience with Autodesk Revit, MS Visio or Blueveam Revu is highly valuable for this role.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Driver's License
- Preference: PMP or similar certification, and at least 3 years of experience on cabling installation projects.
- Requirement: at least 5 years of experience managing critical infrastructure projects.
Fiber, construction, aerial, underground, project management, construction management, vendor management, client communication, permitting, SOW, BOM.
What We Do
TekCom Resources is a full-service national recruiting firm specializing in providing telecommunications and network infrastructure contractors, employees and project services to businesses.
Our specialization includes telecom network & infrastructure staffing deployments including planning, analysis, design, implementation, operations and maintenance.
Technologies we support:
Wireless: 3G, 4G, 5G, LTE, BTS, iDAS/oDAS, Small Cell, VoLTE, IOT, Microwave, NOC, BTS (Base stations)
Wireline: Fiber, Outside Plant (OSP), switching (MSC, CO), transport and provisioning
Formed by industry veterans in 2005, TekCom Resources is a full-service national recruiting firm specializing in telecommunications and network infrastructure contracting and recruiting.
TekCom Resources, Inc. has extensive experience supporting clients in building successful teams for high-profile projects with tight timelines and budgets. Our vast network of industry contacts allows us to find the best talent. Along with our recruiting experience, our staff takes a hands-on approach in assisting hiring managers to achieve their goals and objectives.
As technical staffing experts, we are passionate and driven to provide top-notch talent to help our clients achieve their goals. We are also committed to assisting job seekers in finding the job and career path they have always wanted.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is a WBENC Certified Women’s Business Enterprise.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable and will consider all qualified applications for employment.