OSP Construction Manager
- Alpharetta, GA
We are currently recruiting for a team of Construction Supervisors/Managers (
Back-haul, fiber, OSP) that will be local to the Alpharetta, GA area.
The ideal candidates will have a background working in the telecommunications industry managing back-haul, fiber, microwave or other large scale telecom deployment projects. The team will be responsible for projects including activities related to above and below-ground fiber installation, hub construction, node construction and related utility make-ready. Any small cell experience is a definite plus. Construction Managers will be called upon to represent our client as the expert on construction issues relating to construction/modification of towers and collocation or DAS and small cell projects, as well as additional vendor selection, on-site management, coordination of subcontractors, OEM installers and customer representatives.
- Managing assigned telecom projects including scheduling, reporting, customer facing and vendor management.
- Lead deployment meetings and work with cross functional teams that could include site acquisition and construction.
- Maintain project documentation and reporting.
- Manage the project schedule to ensure the project milestones and deadlines are met.
- **In order to be considered you must have previous Fiber/OSP/back-haul construction management experience.
- Familiarity with Rules for Overhead Electric Line Construction or Public Right of Way experience preferred.
• Minimum three (3) years of telecommunications/wireless construction experience
• Knowledge of Outside Plant Construction techniques (aerial & underground) for SCS.
• Familiarity with test equipment and techniques for performing RF Sweep test, OTDR, Power Meter and Passive Intermodulation (PIM) testing for SCS.
• Working knowledge of NESC, NEC and OSHA standards.
• Knowledge of budget development and execution
• Knowledge of construction management process
• Knowledge of site acquisition procedures, including regulatory and permitting process
• Ability to read and understand blueprints
• Ability to direct and diagnose work flow problems, critical paths and institute remedies
• Customer service orientation with a strong problem solving approach - strong interpersonal skills
• Strong computer skills - MS office and project management software knowledge
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.