TekCom Resources is recruiting for OSP Fiber Design Engineers for an industry leading client in the Westborough, MA area (Hybrid role)
Design of routes within the fiber network to provide fiber-based services. Maintenance and rerouting of existing network. Maintain fiber optic network database by tracking fiber enclosures and location.
Primary Responsibilities/Tasks - Essential Functions
• Attend kick-off meetings for projects that require node, fiber or venue engineering is required.
What We Do
• Review sales engineering design and determine scope of work required by engineering team.
• Work with team members from various groups (PD, RF, utilities, permitting, construction) to implement and complete engineering tasks critical to the project’s success.
• On board new vendors as necessary.
• Create and track PO’s/Work Orders for work to be completed by node, fiber and/or venues engineering vendors.
• Create/obtain quotes from vendors for any node, fiber or venue engineering as necessary.
• Work with vendors to create all necessary engineering prints required for projects, including construction drawings for nodes, construction prints for fiber and venue drawings for venues.
• Ensure vendors are delivering quality engineering prints by quality controlling the deliverables.
• Manage/track vendors to ensure vendor’s deliverables are on time.
• Create a splice package (FEP Package), including a Fiber DLR in Netcracker for A-Z fiber locations for internal splicing teams.
• Ensure as-builts are delivered from construction are accurate and on time.
• Review and approve/reject invoices from engineering vendors.
• After completion engineering tasks, close out assigned tasks in CRM/PMT.
OSP, Outside Design, Plant Engineer, Fiber, Aerial, Pre-Construction, Design, Cable, Make Ready, Right of Way (ROW), AutoCAD, Small Cell, Outside Plant, Westborough,MA, #Tekcomjobs
TekCom Resources is a full-service national recruiting firm specializing in providing telecommunications and network infrastructure contractors, employees and project services to businesses.
Our specialization includes telecom network & infrastructure staffing deployments including planning, analysis, design, implementation, operations and maintenance.
Technologies we support:
3G, 4G, 5G, LTE, BTS, iDAS/oDAS, Small Cell, VoLTE, IOT, Microwave, NOC, BTS (Base stations)
Fiber, Outside Plant (OSP), switching (MSC, CO), transport and provisioning
Formed by industry veterans in 2005, TekCom Resources is a full-service national recruiting firm specializing in telecommunications and network infrastructure contracting and recruiting.
TekCom Resources, Inc. has extensive experience supporting clients in building successful teams for high-profile projects with tight timelines and budgets. Our vast network of industry contacts allows us to find the best talent. Along with our recruiting experience, our staff takes a hands-on approach in assisting hiring managers to achieve their goals and objectives.
As technical staffing experts, we are passionate and driven to provide top-notch talent to help our clients achieve their goals. We are also committed to assisting job seekers in finding the job and career path they have always wanted.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is a WBENC Certified Women’s Business Enterprise.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.