Civil Foreman – Wireless/Telecom
This position reports to a Construction Manager or Construction Supervisor, and is responsible for the daily civil construction for a range of wireless locations. These projects typically involve construction services related to wireless telecommunication systems. This will include generator installations, cabinet installations, concrete pads, foundations, framing, fencing, etc.
- Supervise, Lead, and Assist with all trenching, conduit installation, concrete work, wire installation, ATS/MTS/Camlock installation. Work must be completed in a safe, professional manner.
Perform daily on site Safety and Quality inspections.
- Clearly understands, complies with and enforces Company and job safety requirements to include, but not limited to: OSHA, Federal and State laws and/or regulations.
- Document all work each day with photos and explanation. Proper closeouts must be supplied for all jobs before they can be signed off as complete.
- Review the scope of work and construction drawings with all crew members
- Report any deviations from the scope of work/construction drawings to the Construction Manager
- Plans and organizes tasks in order to meet task deadlines and meet or exceed estimated labor production units and related cost.
- Contact NOC and Tower/Land owners before entering/leaving any site. Must fill out all log entries.
- Safely uses and instructs proper use of all hand and power tools and equipment necessary to perform assigned tasks, including but not limited to OTDR, Fluke meters, cable cutters, drills, saws, hammer drills, knock-out punches, and all tools and equipment utilized by the technicians.
- Assist in verifying that all materials for the project are taken to the job site.
Schedules timely inspections to meet assigned project deadlines.
- Responsible for planning the work and schedule of construction teams.
- Coordinates job progress with other trades, contractors, owners, etc.
- Reports all phases of construction progress back to the Construction Manager.
- Accurately oversees time reporting and proper coding of time sheets for entire construction team.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Travel up to 100%, Able to lift 50lbs and work in any weather conditions.
- Willing to work occasional weekends and overtime
- Tower/Civil Crew Foreman experience required
- CDL/Operators License Preferred - Ability to operate 18ton or larger boom truck
- Experience with Concrete, pouring, setting, rebar, mesh, and/or preform cast installations.
- Electrical background a huge plus – comfortable working on DC/AC installations – MTS/ATS/Radio work
- Demonstrated experience in construction trades a plus
Must be trained in or obtain First Aid and CPR Certification, OSHA 10 Hour, Rigging.
- Technical knowledge of wireless telecommunications products required
- Knowledge of OSHA safety guidelines and practical use of these guidelines as well as all other applicable safety laws and policies preferred
- Ability to read blueprint details and specifications preferred
- Advanced troubleshooting experience preferred
- Excel, Word and Outlook Microsoft experience preferred
- Good communication skills, both oral and written preferred
- Ability to act without direct supervision preferred
- Ability to work overtime to include Saturdays, Sundays and evening hours
- Capable of being entrusted with company assets and confidential information
- Position requires at least 3-5 years of construction experience in the telecommunications field. Journeyman Electrician certification and/or Associate or Bachelor’s degree is a plus.
- Qualified candidates must be able to demonstrate significant expertise and/or experience related to large-scale wireless program deployments in a supervisory capacity.
- Understand internal and external expectations related to scope, schedule, cost, & quality
- Drive all sub-contractors to meet these objectives
- Maintain an accurate status of all construction activities at all times and be able to communicate the status through reports, e-mails, meetings, conference calls, etc…
- Ensure each site construction scope is clearly defined and understood by all internal and external construction personnel to avoid scope creep and minimize changes
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.