Position Summary: Position requires experience with outside plant and inside plant cable construction in aerial and underground facilities, with a thorough knowledge of all issues related to local and state permitting, pole and conduit licensing procedures from Utilities, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Position also requires the capability to manage multiple construction contractors. From project qualification and design through punch-list and close-out, the Fiber Construction Manager will ensure that projects are completed to client and internal specification, on time, and within budget.
• Work hand in hand with Fiber Engineers.
• Manage all external vendors necessary for timely completion and within budget.
• Conduct initial construct-ability review in accordance with project specifications.
• Develop Construction Bid Package and competitively bid project to subcontractors.
• Manage development of permit and construction plans;
• Order and track delivery of 3rd party materials;
• Oversee site construction, managing schedule and subcontractors to customer and internal requirements.
• Coordinate all construction activities with local and state agencies with regards to permitting and licensing.
• Attend company and client status meetings.
• Provides communication on milestones, on time delivery, and general updates to leadership and project management/service delivery
One (1) to three (3) years construction experience, one (1) to three (3) years direct telecommunications experience with three (3) years of supervisory contractor construction experience preferred
• Knowledge of Outside Plant Construction techniques (aerial & underground) preferred
• Familiarity with test equipment and techniques for performing Grounding and Bonding Tests, RF Sweep test, OTDR, Optical Power Meter and Passive Intermodulation (PIM) testing preferred