We are seeking a Network Operations (NOC) Analyst that has flexibility to take a shift position that supports a 24x7x365 operation. Preferred experience with fiber/telecom support in a NOC environment.
Essential Job Functions
• Serve as primary support by managing internal and customer devices, performing analysis of alarms, and taking steps to restore service.
• Engage field operations and Tier 2 support for network equipment issues as needed.
• Respond to client requests and notify clients of network problems and business impacts
• Review planned and unplanned changes to network infrastructure.
• Monitor the Small Cell networks by using provided systems and tools to remotely access complex equipment and test/resolve alarms on these networks.
• Provide surveillance on 7x24 basis to observe and document alarms on networks and equipment
• Using provided tools to localize network problems to host or remote equipment
• Provide correlation of multiple alarm conditions or tickets to identify root cause trouble resolution.
• Monitor and perform testing of the WiFi systems, provide diagnostics for the network performance and interface with customer NOC center for feedback on customer issues.
• Use software and hardware tools to identify and diagnose network status and problems.
• Monitoring and control of after-hours for emergency fiber/cable locate process to escalate to field personnel as needed.
• Interface with field personnel to verify repairs, testing of alarm systems and documenting resolutions.
• Basic troubleshooting and configuration of data alarm connectivity designs.
• Provide first contact for large scale outages, lead outage calls, and provide feedback on outages for customers, contractors, technicians, and other involved employees.
• Configure and modify Small cell networks and nodes to Network Monitoring software.
• Maintain a working knowledge of all products, processes, and systems associated with the SCN and WiFi systems.
• Associates degree or equivalent technical training in electronics.
• Three (3) to Five (5) years of customer service and/or service dispatch experience
• Telecommunication and wireless experience preferred
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.