TekCom Resources is recruiting for a Junior OSP Fiber Designer (OSP Engineer I) based in the Kansas City, KS area. This position will be contract-to-hire for the right individual.
The ideal candidate will have 1-2 years experience and comfortable designing in AutoCAD or ArcGIS. You should also be available for periodic travel for field verification purposes.
- Design, field design, drawing markup.
- Develop high-level fiber designs from both desktop and field review.
- Develop right-of-way analysis of the proposed fiber plant, such as the identification of utility and permit applications needed for a project.
- Work with utilities in underground and aerial right-of-way applications.
- Coordinate with multiple internal customers, including project managers, in support of bringing each project to completion on both budget and schedule.
- Manage the material ordering.
- The ability to optimize and value a fiber engineering design.
- Develop, read, and manage fiber splice documents, including fiber splice diagrams, spider maps, OTDR, and Power Meter readings.
OSP, ISP, Design, Engineer, Fiber, Aerial, Underground (UG), Pre-Construction, Design, Cable, Make Ready, Right of Way (ROW), Cabling, Splicing, CADD, AutoCAD, ArcGIS, GIS. Kansas City
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.