A&E Project Engineer with telecommunications industry experience required.
• Research/review jurisdictional requirements related to site design for preparation of Zoning and/or Engineering drawings
• Serve as primary resource to A&E Manager and Senior Engineering Staff for new calculations, as well as making revisions and markups
• Self-perform CAD work, including revisions and updates
• Update necessary tracking system(s) to ensure that project and/or program status is maintained with complete accuracy, including third party management systems
• Assist project manager on multiple projects including but not limited to coordination of site acquisition, zoning, A&E services, permit approval, and construction
• Validate consistency of drawings against structural analysis and application, ensuring that drawings and tower owner applications match in equipment, quantity, etc.
• Coordinate and expedite drawing production, coordinating with client, QC drawings, facilitate changes/revisions
• Develop drawing standards and templates for personal and department use
• Participate in and assist with preparation for meetings and conference calls, maintain communications and flow of information on assigned project
• Occasional site audits on active and non-active construction sites
• Develop and maintain accurate and complete project folders; continual monitoring of data integrity and completeness
• Assist w/ financial administration such as billing, PO tracking, vendor invoicing, etc.
• BS Electrical, Civil or Structural Engineering degree is required
• At least 3 years of wireless telecommunications experience required
• Proficiency with AutoCAD, MicroStation, or similar
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite (particularly Excel) and Internet applications
• Wireless Telecom or utility/construction industry experience preferred
• Knowledge of local jurisdictions and building permit process preferred
• Demonstrated ability to problem solve and be a self-starter
• Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
• Good oral, written, and organizational skills
• Local Candidates (Boston, MA) preferred
• Candidate must be able to work for any US Employer without Visa sponsorship
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.