We are currently recruiting for a Fiber Splicer for a Full-time role with one of our clients based in the Greater NYC Area - Travel within the region is required. Lots of OT is available.
The Fiber Splicer
specializes in splicing and terminating fiber optic cables to expand telecommunications networks into new areas or to replace existing lines. You will also troubleshoot and perform maintenance to resolve signal problems.
Exposure to inclement weather conditions and physical demands may include entry into areas under construction and require walking, stooping, kneeling, reaching, lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to travel. Candidates will need to be flexible on the schedule....might need to work days, nights and/or weekends.
- Splicing Fiber
- Strand mapping
- Lashing cable between poles and applying tension to cable
- Install/ Repair
- Ability to safely operate a bucket truck (company-owned vehicle)
- Utilize standard telecommunications tools
- Access various installation points
- Access construction points as required
- Proficient in new build, coax & and pole transfers
- Knowledge in building strand, lashing, pole transfers & grounding
- Fusion Splicing
- Place strand and fiber
- Over lash fiber to existing strand or cable.
- A Company vehicle and equipment will be provided
Splicing Technician, iDAS /oDas, In building,
DAS Technician , Venues, Fiber Splicer, Splicing, Fiber Installers, Broadband , Coax, Fiber, OSP, Inside/Outside plant construction, Fiber, FTTX, FTTP, Cable plant deployments, OTDR, Installation of Fiber optic and Coax cables. #Tekcomjobs, #Splicer, #Fiber
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.