TekCom Resources is seeking an OSP Construction Foreman
for a client engaged in multiple long-term outside plant installation projects in the Washington, D.C. area!
Pay Rate: $32-$36 per hour DOE
In this role, you will manage teams performing hands-on cable installation work for OSP projects. You will coordinate with Project Managers and Superintendents in ensuring that work is done safely, correctly and efficiently.
Successful candidates MUST be willing to join Washington D.C.'s local IBEW branch (Local 26) upon receipt of offer for this role!
The ideal candidates will have a background managing the pre-construction and construction phases of Fiber/OSP deployments (QA/QC). You will be managing General Contractors doing the assigned Fiber Construction including scheduling, reporting and due dates.
- Managing the pre-construction and construction phases of the OSP project – deliver on time, on budget, within quality and safety standards.
- Resolution of OSP Construction/Design issues.
- Participating in project meetings and effectively support the overall project effort.
- Directly overseeing up to 6 crew members at a time on a daily basis.
- QA/QC - Inspecting and assure construction work quality and crew safety.
- Managing documenting and recording construction field changes. (Red line).
- Attending bid walk, pre-construction walk, in progress site visits, punch walks and construction closeouts and provide direction to general contractors when doing ground work.
- 5 or more years of experience with fiber optics construction, preferably outside plant; mix of outside and inside plant construction is acceptable.
- Willingness to travel (company vehicle may be provided, and mileage will be reimbursed).
- Driver's License and willingness to submit to drug screening.
Construction / Project Manager, Back-haul, Fiber, Outside Plant (OSP), Public Right of Way (ROW). QA/QC, Lineman, Construction Ride out (CRO), Nodes, Utilities
Employees (and their families) have a choice of plans to purchase and enroll, including medical/vision, minimum essential coverage and/or dental. Employees can enroll in our company’s 401k plan after meeting the enrollment criteria.
What We Do
TekCom Resources is a full-service national recruiting firm specializing in providing telecommunications and network infrastructure contractors, employees and project services to businesses.
Our specialization includes telecom network & infrastructure staffing deployments including planning, analysis, design, implementation, operations and maintenance.
Technologies we support:
Wireless: 4G, 5G, LTE, iDAS/oDAS, Small Cell, VoLTE, IOT, Microwave, NOC, BTS (Base stations)
Wireline: Broadband, Fiber, Outside Plant (OSP), CATV, switching (MSC, CO), transport and provisioning
Formed by industry veterans in 2005, TekCom Resources is a full-service national recruiting firm specializing in telecommunications and network infrastructure contracting and recruiting.
TekCom Resources, Inc. has extensive experience supporting clients in building successful teams for high-profile projects with tight timelines and budgets. Our vast network of industry contacts allows us to find the best talent. Along with our recruiting experience, our staff takes a hands-on approach in assisting hiring managers to achieve their goals and objectives.
As technical staffing experts, we are passionate and driven to provide top-notch talent to help our clients achieve their goals. We are also committed to assisting job seekers in finding the job and career path they have always wanted.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is a WBENC Certified Women’s Business Enterprise.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. In keeping with this commitment, we will take the steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact: USAllRecruiters@TekComResources.com. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable and will consider all qualified applications for employment.