TekCom Resources is recruiting for a Small Cell Construction Manager for an industry leading client in Dublin, CA. This is a long-term contract role (Possibility of becoming FTE). This CM role is managing both 5G small cell site mods and relocations. Building the Network for Verizon. Experience in the areas noted above are crucial and highly preferred for this role.
Pay Rate: $45-50 hourly, DOE
Key Skills: Small Cell, OSP Construction, 5G small cell site mods and relocation, RF Sweep test, OTDR, Power Meter, and Passive Intermodulation (PIM) testing for SCS. NESC, NEC and OSHA standards, AT&T, Verizon, Cell Tower, Construction Management, Supervisor, 5g, Site Modifications, Verizon, AT&T, QA/QC
• Make regular trips to sites during construction including bid walk, pre-con walk, in progress site visits, punch walks and construction closeout. Provide direction to general contractors when doing ground work.
• Understand prevailing rates for all construction work and ensure our client is receiving competitive rates for quality work.
• Responsible to negotiate costs within scope of project, hold Vendor accountable to ensure budget is maintained; ensure District and/or Program and Project Managers and customers are aware of issues that will impact project completion or cost.
• Responsible to problem solve issues that may occur onsite and make recommendations based on priority and need to ensure the project and budget are maintained.
• Ensure all work is completed in accordance with construction standards, processes, and procedures.
• Ensure accurate and complete files are maintained for projects and appropriate closeout documents are distributed in a timely manner and are in accordance with corporate and customer standards.
• Ensure that all jobs are maintained in a project tracking system with complete accuracy.
• Act as safety observer and Quality Assurance representative while at the site ensuring compliance with safety program and related workmanship practices.
What will catch our eye
Minimum three (3) years of telecommunications/wireless construction experience. Knowledge and experience in 5G Small cell site mods and relocation. Verizon experience is helpful.
Knowledge of Outside Plant (OSP) Construction techniques and Inside Plant (ISP) Fiber construction (aerial & underground) for SCS.
Familiarity with test equipment and techniques for performing RF Sweep test, OTDR, Power Meter, and Passive Intermodulation (PIM) testing for SCS.
Working knowledge of NESC, NEC and OSHA standards.1-3 years of experience supervising OSP contractor construction activities
Benefits: Employees (and their families) have a choice of plans to purchase and enroll, including medical/vision, minimum essential coverage and/or dental. Employees can enroll in our company’s 401k plan after meeting the enrollment criteria.
What We Do TekCom Resources is a full-service national recruiting firm specializing in providing telecommunications and network infrastructure contractors, employees and project services to businesses. Our specialization includes telecom network & infrastructure staffing deployments including planning, analysis, design, implementation, operations and maintenance.
Technologies we support: Wireless: 4G,5G, LTE, iDAS/oDAS, Small Cell, VoLTE, IOT, Microwave, NOC, BTS (Base stations) Wireline:Broadband, Fiber, Outside Plant (OSP), CATV, switching (MSC, CO), transport and provisioning
About us Formed by industry veterans in 2005, TekCom Resources is a full-service national recruiting firm specializing in telecommunications and network infrastructure contracting and recruiting. TekCom Resources, Inc. has extensive experience supporting clients in building successful teams for high-profile projects with tight timelines and budgets. Our vast network of industry contacts allows us to find the best talent. Along with our recruiting experience, our staff takes a hands-on approach in assisting hiring managers to achieve their goals and objectives.
Mission As technical staffing experts, we are passionate and driven to provide top-notch talent to help our clients achieve their goals. We are also committed to assisting job seekers in finding the job and career path they have always wanted.
Diversity TekCom Resources, Inc. is a WBENC Certified Women’s Business Enterprise.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. In keeping with this commitment, we will take the steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact: USAllRecruiters@TekComResources.com. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable and will consider all qualified applications for employment.